Tuesday, November 5, 2013

where is a good makeover show when you need it

Self discovery, and the sheer value and thrill and ins and outs and heartbreaks and heart-awakenings of the process aside, some days I'd love to be swept up in a makeover show, or even just a professional who would step in, take my hand, and deal with it. Figure out the haircut, that looks feminine but edgy, polished but casual, professional but not run of the mill. Figure out the right wardrobe, so I could just go out and make a few calculated purchases and presto whammo have the magic wardrobe for work that feels crisp, professional, authentic, comfortable.

Are brown boots the right decision? First world problem, indeed.

But the reality is, I think that I am on track, so to speak, to steer  my ship toward dark wash boot cut jeans and a dressy blouse and a few cardis to layer over it - with a pair of polished boots or clogs, and a hairstyle that steps it the hell up from a ponytail every.single.day.

I think that when I wear a version of this in casual life, I feel self-like, self-ish, of the self. Feel like myself. Female but not girly. Mature but not middle aged. Put together but not too studied. Myself, only slightly improved in outward presentation thereof.

I like the way it feels to feel comfortable in my clothes. That is a rare, rare feeling, in spite of the fact that I wear clothes every day. Why not feel comfortable most every day? Why not?

Order the boots tomorrow. Think hard about ordering the pants, to try the brand fit and cut. Get on with it, girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment