Wednesday, November 13, 2013

dear electrician and plumber,

Dear, dear licensed professionals - please, won't you show up at my house-to-be and do-your-thing and finish this? My gosh, I want to move into my house.

There is, I realized, no real suitable place for a full length mirror. I've lived without one for two years, but I will admit that there is some mental comfort in the ability to take a quick glance at the whole presentation before heading out into the world. But, where to fit one in, without it seeming silly? Or, does it simply become silly to worry about?

I am really hoping that the arrival of my new boots (effort #2 at kicking shoes) marks a moment of "yessss" in best Napoleon speak; that they fit well, that they give me a little mental boost, that they feel like something I could go out and get all Ramona Flowers in (ie, kick some butt).

I want to move into my house. I am so tired of limbo without end, it's exhausting and sleep depriving and overall sucky. Yes, trying to focus on the positive and excitement factor and all that, but good grief - let me move into my house already. I want to put my new boots in the new closet and start my refreshed day to day.

So, dear licensed professionals, please get a flipping move on or my new boots will be employed in some ass kicking.

Just kidding - please, just show up and finish your work. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment