Monday, November 29, 2010

on eating stuffed baked potatoes in Moab with my mom...

This past week, I had several layers of joyful goodness. I had a full week off from work. I like my job, but still... a full week off. I got to spend much of it in Moab, which just happens to be one of my favorite places on earth thus far. In addition, my parents joined us in Moab, which was just fantastic. I was a silent, confused, confusing teenager and twenty-something, but boy oh boy has it been a joy to grow up into a fantastic adult relationship with my parents. Now, I get to experience the bliss of spending time with people I respect and admire, knowing all the while they respect me for me and think well of how I live my life. That is a great gift indeed. Add more layers of a couple of lovely and favorite Moab area hikes with my friend fellow, two zesty cold runs around downtown Moab (running on Thanksgiving day in the chilly sunshine... priceless), and excellent food (the apple pie was so-so, but the first effort at gluten free gravy was a rock star), and an opportunity to visit the site of my future home and meet my future neighbors (whew! they're cool). Thanksgiving, indeed.

Sweet moment - ordering stuffed baked potatoes for lunch with my mom; a tasty gluten free choice on the menu. A nice comment on health, and feeling better at last!, for us both.

Yesterday, I did spend about 8 full hours cleaning my house. This was not such a joyful goodness. But, that said, the house looks darn good now, so the efforts were fruitful. Even my garage floor is clean.

Now, after a chilly lunchtime run and a futile attempt to warm up with a cup of tea, it's time to look forward to hunkering down on the couch with a cozy blanket, good companionship, two adored cats, and Mrs. Brown (thanks, netflix).

No comments:

Post a Comment